Over 140 Years Young

Over 140 Years Young

Congregation Ohab Zedek was founded in 1873. Much of our archival content was shipped to the National Orthodox Archives of Agudath Israel in New York City in 1981. Unfortunately, a fire at their storage facility on May 6, 1988, destroyed nearly all of their archive's books and photographs and nearly half of its documents.

Subsequently, much of Ohab Zedek's archive has been rebuilt, mainly through the donations of current and former members, and the children, grandchildren and families of former members.

We welcome donations to the Ohab Zedek Archive, including documents, correspondence, invitations, photographs and portraits, books that pertain to the history of the Congregation, material pertaining to former and current Rabbis, Chazzanim, Presidents, other Officers and Trustees and, of course, members.

In the near future, we will post to this section a list of available material currently in our Archive.

Thu, 23 March 2017 25 Adar 5777